Most people underestimate the power of fiber. Most understand that a healthy diet consists of proteins and carbohydrates, vegetables and fruit but are unsure where fiber fits into the picture. See, there are certain things that occur in your body if you don’t eat enough fiber, namely:
Constipation occurs when there are feces that need to be expelled but struggle due to the fact that the stools are very hard to push through. It is an unpleasant feeling and that feces will stay inside you until it is ready to be released. It can also cause a lot of pain and can even lead to conditions such as hemorrhoids. If you ever suffer with hemorrhoids read this HemClear review. It will show you the best treatment for your condition. Constipation may also lead to anal fissures, fecal incontinence, urologic as well as colonic disorders. One of the main causes for constipation is not getting enough fiber in the diet.
Without getting enough fiber, your body will still be hungry because you did not provide it with the nutrients it so desires. Fiber actually slows the digestion process which, in turn, helps you feel fuller for longer. There are also a lot of nutrients in food that gives you fiber and you cannot fool your body. Your body constantly craves nutrients and will demand more if you are not satisfying it by eating the correct food.
By not eating the right food, your blood sugar levels can spike and seesaw and will leave you feeling tired and sleepy. Food is supposed to nourish you and give you energy. By not eating enough fiber, and supplying the body with good complex carbohydrates, your body will not feel at its best. Without enough fiber you could feel weak and when too much consumption of the wrong food occurs, a long digestion process will take place. Added to that, most people who suffer from lethargy during the day top up with coffee after coffee which also wreaks havoc on the digestive system.
You see, fiber promotes the movement of your food through your digestive system and increases the bulk of stools you have so that you can be regular. You should at least be passing stools once a day easily and if you get enough fiber your body will do the rest of the job for you.
The Best Sources Of Fiber
- Raspberries – 1 cup of raspberries contains as much fiber as slices of most whole grain breads.
- Avocado – 1 Avocado contains 9 grams of fiber.
- Chia Seeds – These seeds are packed of Omega-3 fats and fiber.
- Oatmeal – This is a great source of fiber which gives lots of sustained energy.
- Lentils – 1 cup of cooked lentils contains 15 grams of fiber.
- Broccoli – This amazing vegetable contains 5 grams of fiber per cup and just over 50 calories.
- Cabbage – Cabbage contains strong antioxidants and a great deal of fiber.
- Apples – A medium sized apple contain 5 grams of fiber.
- Brussels Sprouts – 10 sprouts contain 7 grams of fiber.
At the end of the day it is your health, your body and your life. Eat enough fiber, get your digestive system working and have a healthier life!