One of the most common sporting injuries to the writs is the wrist sprain. There are numerous ligaments in the wrist, which can be stretched or torn, resulting in the sprained wrist. When the wrist is bent forcefully or even fall onto the outstretched hand, it commonly happens. The injuries to the wrist can actually range from severe to mild and are also graded right depending upon the degree of the ligament injury, which exists. If you suffer from the problem, treatment for tingling and painful wrist would be amazing.
Knowing about the grade of injuries
- The mild sprain where the ligaments are also stretched but not torn
- The moderate strain where the ligaments are partially torn
- The severe sprains, which happens when there is important complete tearing of ligaments
Hand and Wrist Pain Symptoms
Pain in the arm, hand, and wrist is quite common and has the following symptoms:
- The wrists, fingers, and hands might feel quite tired, stiff, hot, hurt, sting, cold, sore, tingly or burn.
- The wrists and fingers might not move correctly, and there are several cases while swelling might happen at the joints
- The swelling or bump might be noticed on the wrist. The doctors will also refer to the swelling as the ganglion cyst.
- The shifting of even clicking sound when the wrist or fingers move
- The hand or wrist pain actually begins with the swelling of the fingers and the sheath covering the wrist.
Treatment for Wrist and Hand
There are ample amount of procedures for the joints, hands, and wrist depending on the severity and location of the condition. Wrist bracing, activity adjustments and over the counter pain medicine like ibuprofen and Tylenol are the first line of treatment. Along with the wrist pain, there is often diagnostic, and treatment value to the intra-articular steroid injection as numerous patients find months to years of relief with such treatments. The treatment for tingling and painful wrist like exercising, workout, and in taking active pills would be a great help.
When the symptoms continue despite all these treatments, surgical management can be quite successful. People who suffer from the significant problems can get some advantages with the exercises. Some patients benefit from the partial wrist fusions depending on a location and also cause the pain. Still, other patients finally require the wrist fusion, which limits the painful wrist flexion as well as the extension, which usually accompanies advanced wrist arthritis.
Practice ergonomics to get the relief
If you spend much of your day typing at the keyboard or doing activities, which actually put massive pressure on the wrist, try to make some time for the regular breaks. Try to keep the wrist in a relaxed position when you put pressure on your fingers and wrist.
Use protective gear during sports activities
Using the valid and reliable wrist guards during activities like snowboarding, rollerblading, gymnastics and also tennis can help prevent injury.